Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Field trip 1

We visited Aran Island on a ferry that took us about 45 minutes to get to. This place was home to many ancient sites and beautiful views that took my breath away. We interacted with the tour guide who took us around the island on a bus and let us take in all of its beauty. One place that really stood out to me was a place called Inishmore, a place that is home to the ancient fort, Dun Aonghasa. After hiking about 25 minutes uphill we had finally made it to the fort and boy did it not disappoint. I wonder who and how they were able to build such a sight back in the days.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Richie,

    The island has a rich history that we all appreciate. I think their people take pride in it and may be the reason they have tours. I think more people would like to tour here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site was an amazing experience to have with the group. I always wondered how they lived among the cliffs without fear of falling. I do sometimes wish I could go back and see how they were has people and learn more about the fort.
    - WilL Harper

    ReplyDelete